Sunday, April 19, 2015

Being an Empath



I took this pic a few years ago. I call it the hand of God
or whoever your higher being you believe. Just look at the
cloud... a giant hand holding... holding you, holding me up.
What a sight it was to capture... still brings tears to my eyes.
I wanted to share with you and tell you how much you
mean to me.
I work in a program to help people 55+ over who are Homeless almost homeless, criminal records, low income, low job prospects, veterans, disabled or with a disability - like me. I assist in enrolling them. Once they are accepted, I set an employment plan for each of them. Some come from rural areas I have yet to venture. I assign them a non- profit placement to learn a new skill and we get paid $ 7.25 an hour 24 hour a week. It's Government funded for each person for a 4 year lifetime. The purpose of the program is for the individual to re-brand themselves in a now ageist society to find a job. Most of us are in it - just to make medical insurance payments cause we're still too young to earn Social Security... some have never gotten their high school diploma and I see to it that they can attain a GED so they can earn a living wage.
Some have never had to work until their spouse has died, leaving them with nothing. Some have worked in a job for over 35 years , get hurt and all is lost. And some don't know how to use the computer - never had to until now. I see that they get to classes, workshops and job fairs. I hear their stories 5 days a week. I know the hardship and I am over flowed overwhelmed with emotions - wish I could help them all. I cry with tears of accomplishment. Because I have listened... As I am one of them, too. I may not have much, many of us had to sell our personal belongings for food or pay a bill. To shake their hand or give them a hug... is so overwhelmingly beautiful... I am Speechless. And we have to have internet because all applications are now online. What you have I hope you are truly grateful... because I do not wish this on anyone - ever. I know all is temporary and for the time I spend with them I give my all for them to believe optimistically that things will get better as I look in their sad eyes of defeat... I'd say... I know I have been there and still going through it. Please believe you can get through this and we will be ok. I can't promise you a job, but I will give you the information you need to survive. Some shake my hand, some hug me as if I were an angel...but I'm not an angel, I am just like them. I want a job too. I'm getting by,  I am, we are still alive. Be grateful for what you have - you will never know that in one blink of an eye - all can be lost.
I picked this song- as a healing element -  as it says so much coming from this old heart of mine... I love you. I do, so very much.







No comments:

Post a Comment